1. Because I dwell in the secret place of the shadow of the Almighty.
2. I say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in Him will I trust.
3. He shall deliver me from the snare of the fowler and from the noisome pestilence,
4. He shall cover me with His feathers and under His wings shall I trust: His truth shall be my shield and buckler.
5. I am not afraid of the terror by night: nor for the arrow that flies by day;
6. Nor for the pestilence that walks in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.
7. A thousand shall fall at my side, and ten thousand at my right hand; but it shall no come near me.
8. Only with my eyes shall I behold and see the reward of the wicked.
9. Because I have made the Lord, which is my refuge, even the Most High, my habitation;
10. There shall no evil befall me, neither shall any plague come nigh my dwelling.
11. He has given His angels charge over me, to keep me in all my ways.
12. They shall bear me up in their hands, lest I dash my foot against a stone.
13. I shall tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon I shall trample under my feet.
14. Because I have set my love upon Him, therefore He will deliver me: He will set me on high, because I have known His name.
15. I shall call upon Him, and He will deliver me: He will be with me in trouble: He will deliver me, and honor me.
16. With long life will He satisfy me, and show me His salvation.